List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harri Porten Date:September 17 2009 11:48am
Subject:eventum_support_email_body table is full
View as plain text
Hi,

we ran into the problem of e-mails not showing up in issues anymore this
morning. A mysqlcheck run revealed that the eventum_support_email_body
table had grown too big (32-bit file system):

  eventum.eventum_support_email_body
  warning  : Datafile is almost full, 4294966888 of 4294967294 used
  status   : OK

We nuked some of the biggest entries manually but would like to do so
regularly and in a well-defined manner from now on (we'll also move to a
64-bit system).

I was wondering whether big attachments are too blame but it turned out
that the eventum_issue_attachment table is "only" 2.4 GiB big while
eventum_support_email_body has those 4 GiB.

What we considered is to shrink old entries with a <Deleted> entry. But we
are unsure what the fields are actualy used for. What's seb_body used for?
It's seems like looking at the e-mail in the Web frontend will query
seb_full_email (although it will just show the body). But if we overwrite
a seb_full_email entry Eventum won't display the placeholder. Would we
need to fill in a fake e-mail with headers?

General question: anyone has some ready made scripts to prune old
information? I've been ocassionally cleaning the mail_queue tables in the
past.

Harri.
Thread
eventum_support_email_body table is fullHarri Porten17 Sep
  • Re: eventum_support_email_body table is fullBryan Alsdorf17 Sep