List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Justin Putney Date:September 10 2009 4:32pm
Subject:Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issues
View as plain text
Thanks, Bryan! I'll take a look at this. I think I may be able to do it with
POST values from Flash as well. My preference is to make as few changes as
possible to the existing Eventum code so that I can update to new versions
cleanly. I'll definitely share any changes I make.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Bryan Alsdorf <bryan@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Justin Putney wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think the email functionality may be useful in the future, but right now
>> want to create a new issue from a Flash module or an html page.
>>
>> Tracking the reporter of the issue doesn't seem like a problem to me since
>> our system requires users to be logged in, so that will already be taken
>> care of.
>>
>> Junk issues don't seem like a problem either, since the issue will still
>> have to be submitted. I just want load the "create issue" page and
>> pre-populate a few fields.
>>

> Right now all the initial values are pulled from the POST values not GET,
> however this should be a simple change. Open templates/new.tpl.html and
> replace all references to "$smarty.post"  with "$smarty.request", this will
> let the template pull from both GET and POST. Then just pass the field names
> on the URL.
>
> I tested this on the summary field and it worked, if you change and test it
> on all fields I would appreciate a patch on launchpad and a page on our wiki
> if you have time.
>
> Best Regards,
> --
> Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
> Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org

Thread
linking to Eventum pages & creating issuesJustin Putney10 Sep
Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issuesJustin Putney10 Sep
  • Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issuesBryan Alsdorf10 Sep