List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:September 10 2009 3:23pm
Subject:Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issues
View as plain text
Hi,

Justin Putney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the email functionality may be useful in the future, but right now I
> want to create a new issue from a Flash module or an html page.
>
> Tracking the reporter of the issue doesn't seem like a problem to me since
> our system requires users to be logged in, so that will already be taken
> care of.
>
> Junk issues don't seem like a problem either, since the issue will still
> have to be submitted. I just want load the "create issue" page and
> pre-populate a few fields.

Right now all the initial values are pulled from the POST values not GET, however this
should be a simple change. Open templates/new.tpl.html and replace all references to
"$smarty.post"  with "$smarty.request", this will let the template pull from both GET and
POST. Then just pass the field names on the URL.

I tested this on the summary field and it worked, if you change and test it on all fields
I would appreciate a patch on launchpad and a page on our wiki if you have time.

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org