List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Justin Putney Date:September 10 2009 4:34am
Subject:Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issues
View as plain text
Hi,

I think the email functionality may be useful in the future, but right now I
want to create a new issue from a Flash module or an html page.

Tracking the reporter of the issue doesn't seem like a problem to me since
our system requires users to be logged in, so that will already be taken
care of.

Junk issues don't seem like a problem either, since the issue will still
have to be submitted. I just want load the "create issue" page and
pre-populate a few fields.

Thanks,

Justin

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Srivathsan, M IN BLR SISL <
M.Srivathsan@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also toyed with a similar idea sometime back but aborted it for the
> following reasons:
>
> 1. The reporter of the issue need to be tracked reliably.  If it is also
> going to be based on the info passed through URL GET variables, we are
> opening up possibilities for hacking and a lot of junk / spam issues created
>
> 2. There seems to be a way of creating issues through emails.  I should
> admit that I have not played with this feature but from quite a few
> discussion threads I could see that emails could be sent "to" Eventum which
> would then capture them as issues.  This is definitely much more reliable
> and safer than the URL GET params ways, I believe.
>
> Thanks and rgds,
> Watson

Thread
linking to Eventum pages & creating issuesJustin Putney10 Sep
Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issuesJustin Putney10 Sep
  • Re: linking to Eventum pages & creating issuesBryan Alsdorf10 Sep