List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christiaan Kortekaas Date:August 24 2009 5:28am
Subject:Re: Eventum Solr plugin
View as plain text
Hi Bryan

Your search plugin sounds fantastic! I look forward to it and being able to
go with Innodb for MySQL. I also strongly suggest upgrading Eventum from
PearDB to Zend DB. It's not that hard to do and it means you can use PDO or
MySQLi drivers if you choose for extra performance. In my testing the PDO
drivers have been the fastest most of the time. It also means you can use
integrated FireBug/FirePHP debugging and database query profiling with Zend
Log/DB.

By the way have you or anyone else done any testing of Eventum on MySQL 5.4?
The InnoDB performance tweaks in 5.4 look excellent and have prevented us
from planning switching to that other unmentionable open source database for
our apps :)

Well that and we really love SQLYog more than Toad..and we've been lazy and
used some mysql-only SQL syntax in some of our apps.. (replace into etc..on
duplicate key ignore etc).

Please keep us posted on your progress putting the plugin into trunk.

Thanks,
Christiaan

--
Christiaan Kortekaas

Thread
Eventum Solr pluginChristiaan Kortekaas19 Aug
  • Re: Eventum Solr pluginBryan Alsdorf21 Aug
    • Re: Eventum Solr pluginChristiaan Kortekaas24 Aug