List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan Date:July 8 2009 4:03am
Subject:RE: Eventum Groups
View as plain text
Hi Michael,

I completely agree with you on the 'id' column - it was my mistake; got really psyched
seeing very many 'id' columns in many of the Eventum tables.

Regarding your suggestion on the Primary Group funda, I largely agree with that.  But I
felt that providing Backward Compatibility - not just in the code but all for all the
deployed Eventum-based solutions, is far more important.  The changes we are doing should
be a kind of a "drop-in" patch in all such deployments that would not affect their current
functionality.  Whether that is really possible or not is another question and I have not
gone deeper to analyze that.

I can also tell you that your suggestion was exactly my initial idea.  In any case, let
the debate continue and may the "best" solution be implemented.

Thanks and rgds,
Watson