List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rajeshwari Godbole Date:June 28 2009 6:13pm
Subject:Re: Secure SMTP
View as plain text
 Hello,

I'm also using gmail for both incoming and outgoing emails. While the
incoming emails are working fine, I'm having a problem with the outgoing
emails as gmail uses SSL. I tried out the options that Michael Diamond
suggested (editing the /include/class.mail_queue.php file) but am still
getting the following errors:

Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
command f
irst. g22sm21767420rvb.35 in
C:\Apache2.2\htdocs\eventum-2.2\include\pear\Mail\m
ail.php on line 125
PHP Warning:  mail(): SMTP server response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
comm
and first. g22sm21767530rvb.35 in
C:\Apache2.2\htdocs\eventum-2.2\include\pear\M
ail\mail.php on line 125

I'm not sure where or how to specify the STARTTLS command. Please help!

Thread
Secure SMTPStephen Nelson-Smith19 Jun
  • Re: Secure SMTPMichael Diamond19 Jun
Re: Secure SMTPRajeshwari Godbole28 Jun