List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan Date:June 22 2009 4:25am
Subject:RE: Bulk Reassign Project
View as plain text
Hi Shayne,

I did this quite sometime back.  So let me tell the steps (whatever I remember):
1. Have a special status to move a project
2. Add a Workflow Backend and in that, implement handleIssueUpdated (or whatever
appropriate) method
3. In the above method, have the target Project hard-coded
4. The above method (mentioned in #2) would be called for each Issue
5. In the handler, blank out Priority, Category, Assignees and whatever that is
Project-specific - you have the methods in Issue class, for some of which, you need to
hack and provide the appropriate values to the $_POST[...] variables before calling them.
6. Move the Issue to the new project through the Issue::update() method.
7. Update the Status to a special status in the new / target Project for the issue.  You
could also assign the Issue to the Manager of the new Project so that he / she would know
what exactly to do with it.

The above method was definitely cumbersome to implement but simpler to use.  Also the
changes you are doing need not modify the core Eventum Source code.  You could very well
restrict it within your Workflow Backend itself.

WARNING: I could have missed some steps / points in between but the overall approach is as
stated.

I could probably dig up the code and send it to you also but not promising on that as I
see that it really requires a "Big Dig" at my side ;-)

BTW, SISL is my employer's name (Siemens Info. Systems Ltd.) ;-)

Thanks and rgds,
Watson