List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan Date:June 21 2009 11:02am
Subject:RE: Eventum Groups
View as plain text
Hi,

Sadly for me, Eventum Group funda has been designed to be exclusive.  If only this was not
the case, i.e., if an Eventum User could be a member of more than 1 (Eventum) group, it
would be have made many of my solutions easier.

So, as a workaround, we used to create an Email Distribution List (say
payroll.eventum@stripped), make it a "pseudo" Eventum user and also the
concerned User Group Manager (in Eventum; in my case "Payroll").  So, whenever a ticket
is assigned to the Payroll group, whoever is part of the Distribution List (this is
outside Eventum, @ the Exchange Server), they get notified by email.  Then the real
assignment could be done either by the concerned User (> "Standard User") or by the
Manager.

A bit ugly and round-about but somewhat serves the purpose.

Rgds,
Watson