List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jesse Crawford Date:May 30 2009 5:36am
Subject:Re: Account permission troubles
View as plain text
The issue is not that behavior (as it does make sense) but the fact that the
only two user accounts are managers in the only project - there are no admin
accounts. This makes it impossible to change system settings. One of the
accounts needs to be promoted to admin, but I can't find a way to do this. I
have direct access to the database, but I couldn't see how to change
permissions manually on my first look.

Jesse Crawford
jesse@stripped
503-465-4953
www.ce-int.net

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 22:18, Srivathsan, M IN BLR SISL <
M.Srivathsan@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I feel that the present behaviour of Eventum 2.x is the right one as
> "Managers" should not be fiddling with System Settings.  Hence all the more
> they should not be able to promote themselves or others as Admins; if that
> is possible then it would be a kind of security breach also.
>
> One other observation - If you are an admin to any of the Projects and a
> Manager in another, then you could switch to that Project wherein you are an
> Admin and then promote yourself as an Admin in the second project also.
>
> This again, in my humble opinion is a security violation but there are ways
> to avoid this easily.  One way is to completely secure the Admin login to
> one or two folks who would be responsible to tweak the System Settings (like
> Managing Custom Fields, General Settings etc) and give a max. of Manager
> privs to others.
>
> Thanks and rgds,
> Watson

Thread
Account permission troublesJesse Crawford30 May
  • RE: Account permission troublesM  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan30 May
    • Re: Account permission troublesJesse Crawford30 May
      • Re: Account permission troublesBryan Alsdorf30 May