List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan Date:May 30 2009 5:18am
Subject:RE: Account permission troubles
View as plain text
Hi,

I feel that the present behaviour of Eventum 2.x is the right one as "Managers" should not
be fiddling with System Settings.  Hence all the more they should not be able to promote
themselves or others as Admins; if that is possible then it would be a kind of security
breach also.

One other observation - If you are an admin to any of the Projects and a Manager in
another, then you could switch to that Project wherein you are an Admin and then promote
yourself as an Admin in the second project also.

This again, in my humble opinion is a security violation but there are ways to avoid this
easily.  One way is to completely secure the Admin login to one or two folks who would be
responsible to tweak the System Settings (like Managing Custom Fields, General Settings
etc) and give a max. of Manager privs to others.

Thanks and rgds,
Watson