List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:May 10 2004 8:23pm
Subject:RE: feature question: close issue vs change status to resolved
View as plain text
Jennifer,

> If it is desirable to use the "Update" button to change the status
> (among other things) of an issue, then the "change status" button
> shouldn't exist.
>
> Moreover, if closed issues need to be closed via the "close issue"
> button, then it should be IMPOSSIBLE to use the "change status to..."
> button to change the status to resolved (or some local internal
> equivalent).

The "Change Status To.." button is there as a quick shortcut for 'power
users' who don't want to do two clicks just to change the status of an
issue. I can see your point about the closed context statuses, though. If
someone needs to change the status of an issue to closed, they should really
use the 'Close Issue' button.

I'll add this to my TODO list.

> For
> example, one immediately useful thing would be statistics on the number
> of "closed" issues vs open issues (in the "profile" view of life).
> Another useful thing would be viewing a graph of the division of
> reasons issues were marked as closed (e.g., 289 were fixed, 300 were
> "user error", 10 were "not fixed" etc).

I see, so some graph to display the division of the use of the 'resolution'
field for closed issues. That's a good idea, and we do need to expand on the
number of available reports.

Cheers,
Joao Prado Maia
MySQL AB

Thread
feature question: close issue vs change status to resolvedJennifer Steinbachs10 May
  • RE: feature question: close issue vs change status to resolvedJoao Prado Maia10 May