List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:October 25 2004 6:28pm
Subject:RE: Localized templates
View as plain text
Christian,

> what exactly is the problem about it? Are there strings
> resulting from the database? I thought it's all located in
> the /templates/en directory?!? Just copying everything from
> there to a directory, let's say /templates/de, translate all
> the stuff and switch the language identifier in the
> corresponding class....isn't it that "easy"???

Yes and No. It may seem "easy" to do these things initially, but the maintenance
problem of having two copies of every template is not what we want. What we
really want is to remove _all_ of the strings or translatable things from the
templates and into .po files or whatever, and then re-use the templates for all
languages. Otherwise, each time we develop a new feature, we would need to merge
the changes into several directories that basically have the same code.

--Joao

Thread
Localized templatesChristian Dennig25 Oct
  • RE: Localized templatesJoao Prado Maia25 Oct
AW: Localized templatesChristian Dennig25 Oct