List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:October 25 2004 2:51pm
Subject:RE: Bad behaviour if the mail server goes down
View as plain text
James,

> Eventum does not appear to handle things well if the mail server
> goes down ... generated about a 4000 emails sent to the error
> logging email address in about 30 minutes which contain:

I just committed the fix for this problem. If Eventum cannot connect to the SMTP
server from now on, it will record an error in the log file
(/path-to-eventum/error_handler.log) instead of trying to notify about the error
by email again (and again, and again, etc).

Anyway, this fix will be available in the next release of Eventum.

Thanks for the report!

--Joao

Thread
Bad behaviour if the mail server goes downJames Gardiner18 Oct
  • RE: Bad behaviour if the mail server goes downBryan Alsdorf19 Oct
  • RE: Bad behaviour if the mail server goes downJoao Prado Maia25 Oct
    • Re: Bad behaviour if the mail server goes downJames Gardiner25 Oct
      • RE: Bad behaviour if the mail server goes downJoao Prado Maia26 Oct
RE: Bad behaviour if the mail server goes downAdam Trimeloni26 Oct