List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harri Porten Date:September 17 2007 1:38pm
Subject:Shrinking the database
View as plain text
Hi!

We've sucessfully been using Eventum for a while now. Over time the
database has grown to a size of 5.8 GB. Disk space is cheap but I'm still
considering to clean up the database a little - at least to make backups
smaller and faster.

The biggest tables are eventum_mail_queue (3.2 GB) and
eventum_issue_attachment_file (704 MB).

Can I simply delete all messages from mail_queue assuming that the mails
we sent out are still present as part of the issue they are associated
with?

I'd also like to delete some of the biggest attachments without messing
two much with the tables. I thought of replacing them with a placeholder
that says "This attachment has been deleted". But I need to get the size
(varchar(32)?) etc. right.

Harri.
Thread
Shrinking the databaseHarri Porten17 Sep
  • Re: Shrinking the databaseBryan Alsdorf17 Sep