List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 16 2004 12:23am
Subject:RE: auto-associate incoming email with issue
View as plain text
Jason,

> I see this in route_emails.php:
>
> 	$associated_user = 'admin@stripped'; // SETUP: this needs to be
> configured properly
>
> That doesn't seem to be the problem though.

Yeah, you need to put the email address that you use to login to Eventum in
there. This stuff will be improved pretty soon.

> I wonder if the + in issue+ is being treated as a regexp operator...  I
> don't know PHP yet.

Yeah, that's probably it. I'll add a note about this problem to my TODO
list.

> and the command didn't give an error, but I can't tell where the email
> went if anywhere.  So maybe that's not it, and it has something to do
> with the sender and user accounts?

Yes, the $associated_user variable above needs to be set correctly. And
also, is "1" a valid email account ID ?

> I seem real close to getting the first feature working.  But why isn't
> the Email Integration making use of route_email.php?

Because the email integration is just a feature that will download emails
from a set of IMAP/POP3 mailboxes. It's not really the same thing.

In our particular setup, we have a legacy support mailing list that is being
phased out, and we use the email integration to poll for emails sent to that
address. After the emails are downloaded, they can be associated to new or
existing issues in Eventum.

The email routing interface was created to provide a way to keep all
correspondence with a customer in Eventum, so replies to emails coming from
Eventum would get back to Eventum automatically.

> > Please let us know if you need more information.
>
> Thanks a bunch.  This is a very nice looking piece of software and I
> appreciate the effort you've put into it.  It seems like it could work
> for us so much better than anything else out there, which is why I'm
> still at it.

No problem. Don't give up just yet, Eventum is still under the radar so
there's not much documentation right now. I hope to change that soon when we
get a real release out, and maybe some more infrastructure in this project.
I'll be doing some evagelism on this next week and see what happens.

--Joao

Thread
FW: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia15 Apr
  • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia16 Apr
    • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge16 Apr
      • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia16 Apr
        • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge16 Apr
          • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia16 Apr
            • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge19 Apr
              • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia7 May
                • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge8 May
                  • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia10 May
                    • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge11 May
                      • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia11 May