List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 15 2004 10:50pm
Subject:RE: auto-associate incoming email with issue
View as plain text
Jason,

> I then edit setup/index.php and change line 100 from
>
> 	if (!stristr($contents, 'GD Support </td><td class="v">enabled')) {

> 	if (!stristr($contents, 'GD Support</b></td><td
> align="left">enabled')) {

Right, I need to do a proper fix for this GD check.

> Ooh, didn't notice this before.  Is Eventum testing the In-Reply-To?

Yes, Eventum uses the In-Reply-To: header to figure out which issue it
should auto-associate with in case of replies. However, this is not used in
the case of email routing (i.e. issue+5@stripped). I need to review this
code later on and use both In-Reply-To: and References:, but let's get back
to the point here... :)

> So it has to be a reply for issue routing to work?
>
> Sending directly to issue+1 doesn't appear to work.  But in practice, I
> think most people would be replying?  Excellent.

Not at all, emails sent to issue+1@stripped should work as well. However,
to make that work you need to setup something in your postfix configuration
to make it pass the full email message to a PHP script that will take care
of the routing. The script is path-to-eventum/misc/route_email.php, and if
you want to use the note routing interface, the script will be
path-to-eventum/misc/route_note.php.

The full email message should be passed as standard input to these scripts.
In my setup, this would be a fair example:

$ cat example_email.txt | php -q path-to-eventum/misc/route_email.php 1

The first parameter in there is the email account ID that you want to have
these routed emails associated with.

There's not much documentation on this, so this is pretty helpful to us so
we can write some realistic step-by-step guide in the future.

> Sorry for making you go through all that.

Not a problem, the extra information was very helpful.

> What's the best way to get Eventum to poll for email on its own?

There are two different features here, the first one is the email routing
interface which requires the configuration of an external MTA to pass the
emails sent to issue+1@stripped to route_email.php and the second feature
which is the Email Integration. In this feature, you can setup multiple
external email accounts that will be available for Eventum to poll and
download emails from.

So if you had a support related IMAP account in an external server, you
would use this second feature to setup an account, and then you could use a
cron job to automatically download the emails sent to this IMAP mailbox. The
cron job that we use looks somewhat like the following:

0 * * * * cd path-to-eventum/misc; /usr/bin/php download_emails.php username
mail.domain.com INBOX

That will run every hour and will download emails sent to the IMAP/POP3
mailbox of "username".

Please let us know if you need more information.

--Joao

Thread
FW: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia15 Apr
  • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia16 Apr
    • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge16 Apr
      • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia16 Apr
        • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge16 Apr
          • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia16 Apr
            • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge19 Apr
              • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia7 May
                • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge8 May
                  • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia10 May
                    • Re: auto-associate incoming email with issueJason Etheridge11 May
                      • RE: auto-associate incoming email with issueJoao Prado Maia11 May