List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harri Porten Date:September 26 2006 4:01pm
Subject:Re: Bandwidth overusage
View as plain text
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, Andrew Hankinson wrote:

> I've narrowed down the culprit - it was the download_emails cron job.  After
> disabling that (and not the process_mail_queue), my usage has gone down.
> However, I still don't understand why.  Here's my best guess:
>
> I have it set up to check one e-mail account every 10 minutes. I have checked
> "leave a copy of Messages on server" in the e-mail configuration, so maybe
> the system is downloading all the e-mails that are in the box - not just the
> new ones?

That would fit the problem that we are seeing here. Although everything is
set to delete read mails on the server it never happens. I'll already
added quite some debug output and made small changes (trying to flush the
changes iirc) but nothing helped. My current believe is that there is a
bug in the PHP POP3 module.

I never monitored the network traffic but what we see is an enourmous CPU
usage. The PHP script downloading and parsing the message is probably not
that memory efficient.

This is one of the few outstanding issues with Eventum we'd like to
resolved. We are otherwise using it successfully for several months now.

Harri.
Thread
Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson22 Sep
  • Re: Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson25 Sep
    • Re: Bandwidth overusageGeorger Araujo25 Sep
      • Re: Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson25 Sep
    • Re: Bandwidth overusageBryan Alsdorf25 Sep
RE: Bandwidth overusageKipp Grose25 Sep
  • Re: Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson26 Sep
    • Re: Bandwidth overusageHarri Porten26 Sep
      • Re: Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson26 Sep
      • Re: Bandwidth overusageTibor Gellert26 Sep
    • Re: Bandwidth overusageBryan Alsdorf26 Sep
RE: Bandwidth overusageStephen Allen26 Sep
  • Re: Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson26 Sep
    • Re: Bandwidth overusageAndrew Hankinson31 Oct