List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harri Porten Date:August 7 2006 5:36pm
Subject:Re: Infinite loop when email bounces and auto-creation is on
View as plain text
On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Bryan Alsdorf wrote:

> Sorry for this, I have issue routing (issue-1234@stripped style) setup so
> I have no encountered this myself,

This is because issue routing lets through only mails from listed users? I
think we removed that limitation as our customers often forward mails to
their colleagues. The drawback was that we suffered from some infinite
loops due to bounces as well. Just FYI, we solved that by adding the
following check to the handleSubscription() function of our workflow
implementation:

         // don't allow sender of error messages (daemons) to be added
         // to the notification list
         if (strncasecmp($email,  "postmaster@", 11) == 0 ||
             $email == "fetchmail-daemon@stripped") {
            return false;
         }

Harri.
Thread
Infinite loop when email bounces and auto-creation is onDan Karran7 Aug
  • RE: Infinite loop when email bounces and auto-creation is onElm Morrow7 Aug
  • Re: Infinite loop when email bounces and auto-creation is onBryan Alsdorf7 Aug
    • Re: Infinite loop when email bounces and auto-creation is onDan Karran7 Aug
    • Re: Infinite loop when email bounces and auto-creation is onHarri Porten7 Aug