List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:September 15 2004 4:17pm
Subject:RE: Using issue specific email in exim (was) > Address Hostname. Is not applied to emails sent
View as plain text
Sandip,

> RT uses the issue number in the mail subject, which is perhaps more
> compatible
> out of the box with all major MTAs.
>
> I agree that the eventum styled email addresses are more likely to keep the
> issue emails together(even when the customer decides to rewrite all subjects
> in their mail). But does eventum support having issue numbers in the mail
> subject itself? Else I will have to dig up that exim manual all over again.

Right. The reason behind setting the issue number in the From: address is
exactly to have a reliable way to get replies automatically associated to the
appropriate issue. Relying on the subject line is very error prone.

And no, Eventum doesn't even have support for doing the subject-issue-id thing.

--Joao

Thread
maq_iss_id, maq_subject not in mail_queue table. + Routing interfaces> Address Hostname. Is not applied to emails sentAaron Chilcott15 Sep
  • Re: maq_iss_id, maq_subject not in mail_queue table. + Routing interfaces > Address Hostname. Is not applied to emails sentMike Williams15 Sep
    • Using issue specific email in exim (was) > Address Hostname. Is not applied to emails sentSandip Bhattacharya15 Sep
      • RE: Using issue specific email in exim (was) > Address Hostname. Is not applied to emails sentJoao Prado Maia15 Sep