List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:September 15 2004 1:38pm
Subject:RE: Eventum 1.3 Install on non-standard MySQL port/socket
View as plain text
Mark,

> I've got a 5.0.1 alpha evaluation copy of MySQL running on the standard
> port 3306 and using the standard /tmp/mysql.sock socket file. I have
> installed MySQL 4 using 3307 and /tmp/mysql2.sock which works fine, but I
> can't find a way of telling eventum to use this database during the install
> as opposed to the 5.0.1 one. Can this be done or should I move my
> evaluation database to a non standard port etc and set MySQL 4 up in the
> standard way.

There's no way to change that in Eventum, which is a bad thing. You can change
the following lines of /path-to-eventum/include/class.db_api.php from:

        $dsn = array(
            'phptype'  => APP_SQL_DBTYPE,
            'hostspec' => APP_SQL_DBHOST,
            'database' => APP_SQL_DBNAME,
            'username' => APP_SQL_DBUSER,
            'password' => APP_SQL_DBPASS
        );

to:

        $dsn = array(
            'phptype'  => APP_SQL_DBTYPE,
            'hostspec' => APP_SQL_DBHOST,
            'database' => APP_SQL_DBNAME,
            'username' => APP_SQL_DBUSER,
            'password' => APP_SQL_DBPASS,
            'port'     => 3307
        );

Or you could simply switch ports on those servers, and things would work just
fine.

--Joao

Thread
Eventum 1.3 Install on non-standard MySQL port/socketMGrout15 Sep
  • RE: Eventum 1.3 Install on non-standard MySQL port/socketJoao Prado Maia15 Sep