List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd.Morgan Date:March 22 2004 11:46pm
Subject:RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projects
whilst being logged in to another project
View as plain text
Hi Joao,

> I totally understand your concern, and your suggestion. However, the
problem with your suggestion is of proactive usability. Eventum works in
such a way that >the currently selected project is used everywhere, from
the list of issues to the available category/status options in the forms.
So my only concern is that if I >implement something like this, the user
will not notice that the project was just silenty changed to another one
when he requested issue #123, and now when he >tries to create a new
issue, it will go into a project that he didn't want.

how a about a rewording of the message, so that it doesn't appear as an
error, something along the lines of

"The issue you are attempting to view is not within the current project
{INSERT NAME HERE}. If you would like to view this issue you will need to
change to the  {INSERT NEW PROJECT NAME HERE} Project by clicking on this
link"

with the appropriate link to perform the activity (change project and
display issue).

>If you have suggestions on how to make this "silent switch" less silent,
I would consider it ;)

The change above would require more manual intervention on the behalf of
the user so they would have to actively change projects (no silent
switching), but at least it would be more intuititive than knowing it is
necessary to manually change projects and then attempt to display the
issue again.

ciao
          Todd

CAUTION - The information in this message may be of a privileged or confidential nature
intended only for the use of the addressee or someone authorised to receive the
addressee's e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this email in error please notify postmaster@stripped. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of eGlobal Securix.

Thread
Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projectswhilst being logged in to another projectTodd.Morgan22 Mar
  • RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projects whilst being logged in to another projectJoao Prado Maia22 Mar
RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projectswhilst being logged in to another projectTodd.Morgan23 Mar
  • RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projects whilst being logged in to another projectJoao Prado Maia23 Mar