List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:March 22 2004 3:39pm
Subject:RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projects whilst being logged in to another project
View as plain text
Todd,

> Initially this makes me think that there is no such issue within the
> system - when it is really telling me that i should change/switch
> projects. Is it possible to enable the automatic switching to the
> appropriate project (with an appropriate pop-up confirmation) - rather
> than making it appear as if there is no such issue.

I totally understand your concern, and your suggestion. However, the problem with your
suggestion is of proactive usability. Eventum works in such a way that the currently
selected project is used everywhere, from the list of issues to the available
category/status options in the forms. So my only concern is that if I implement something
like this, the user will not notice that the project was just silenty changed to another
one when he requested issue #123, and now when he tries to create a new issue, it will go
into a project that he didn't want.

If you have suggestions on how to make this "silent switch" less silent, I would consider
it ;)

--Joao

Thread
Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projectswhilst being logged in to another projectTodd.Morgan22 Mar
  • RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projects whilst being logged in to another projectJoao Prado Maia22 Mar
RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projectswhilst being logged in to another projectTodd.Morgan23 Mar
  • RE: Direct display of issues for users belonging to multiple projects whilst being logged in to another projectJoao Prado Maia23 Mar