List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 24 2004 10:25pm
Subject:RE: I've been experimenting with eventum and have some questions
View as plain text
Tom,

> 1) Is there a way to remove / disable the "Phone Call"
> tracking section. It is
> just something that I wouldn't ever use.

You can just remove the section from the template, and it won't show
up anymore. Change view.tpl.html:

  {include file="phone_support.tpl.html"}
  {include file="top_link.tpl.html"}

Remove those two lines and it will go away.

> 2) On the profile page. Is there a way to adjust the size
> of the graphical
> stats? For some project, we track (and I agree its too
> many) more than 10 - 12
> statuses or categories. With that many elements, they don't
> all fit on the
> graphic. Also some of the names are too long so it covers
> up the actual pie
> chart.

Sorry, no. We have a TODO entry right now to improve this, and
possibly extend the graph if it is not too much. The problem is that
we don't want to extend the graph for a list of 300 different
statuses..

> 3) Is there a way to limit a user to be able to view only
> the issues they
> create. For example, there is a project with two
> third-party companies each
> working on seperate components. I would like to use one
> "project" to organize
> all of the tasks / issues. Each company should be able to
> create issues and
> view their own issues, but because of legal issues (no
> non-disclosure
> statements etc), they shouldn't be able to see each others.
> Is this possible?

Sorry, no. However on the new release 1.3 that we are planning for
September, there is a new customer API feature in which you will be
able to set those users as customers, and then they will only see
issues associated with their customer ids.

> 4) I have aspell installed on the host server but I don't
> see (and I'm probably
> blind and am just missing it) any way to spell check an
> issue before it is
> submitted??

Ah, yes. The aspell feature is only used in the email form right now,
but I guess it would make sense to add that to the issue reporting
form as well.

Will add to our TODO list.

> 5) In "Administrations - Manage Statuses", what is "Closed
> Context ?"

The closed context in there means exactly that. Since the list of
statuses for a specific project is totally dynamic, we need a way to
know which of the statuses are considered to mean "closed" by you.
That is, if "On Hold" or "Cancelled" mean that they should be used in
a closed context.

We basically use those closed-context statuses as options in the
"Close Issue" screen. Also, when you mark the "Hide Closed Issues"
checkbox in the issue listing screen, issues set to these
closed-context statuses will be hidden.

--Joao

Thread
I've been experimenting with eventum and have some questionstom25 Aug
  • RE: I've been experimenting with eventum and have some questionsJoao Prado Maia25 Aug
    • RE: I've been experimenting with eventum and have some questionstom25 Aug
RE: I've been experimenting with eventum and have some questionsSiegwart Mayr25 Aug
  • RE: I've been experimenting with eventum and have some questionsJoao Prado Maia25 Aug