List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harri Porten Date:November 16 2005 8:02pm
Subject:Problem with ssh tunnel
View as plain text
Hi!

I just experimented with with accessing an Eventum 1.6.1 installation
through a SSH tunnel from outside the company network. This means that I
will point my web browser to e.g. http://localhost:8888/eventum/ rather
than http://internalserver/eventum/. The latter is not accessible from the
Internet directly.

I can log in and visit each of the main pages *except* "My Assignments".
That page seems to be using APP_HOSTNAME (internalserver in this example)
from config.inc.php. That's what I conclude from by browser's error
message at least as it tried and failed to fetch data from that
inaccessible machine.

Any chance that the "My Assignments" could be fixed not to refer to
APP_HOSTNAME? Would make the use of Eventum much more flexible (and more
secure).

Thank you,

Harri.

Thread
Problem with ssh tunnelHarri Porten16 Nov
  • Re: Problem with ssh tunnelHarri Porten16 Nov
    • Re: Problem with ssh tunnelBryan Alsdorf23 Nov