List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:October 13 2005 3:08pm
Subject:RE: Names in the To: field of eventum emails
View as plain text
Eliot,

> SO:
> We would like to be able to attach a prefix or suffix to the
> names used
> in the FROM: field of emails from eventum.
>
> So they would look like eg "Simon (via ASI support)"
>
> How/where could we make this change?  I'm not even sure what to search
> for in the source code of Eventum.

There's no such feature right now for normal email downloads, but if you
can map email wildcard aliases to IMAP/POP3 accounts, then you should be
able to use Bryan's email routing feature.

Basically the way it works is to map ticket-****@domain.com to a
specific IMAP mailbox, and create an email account in Eventum for that
(remember to check "Use account for email/note/draft routing"), and when
downloading the actual emails, Eventum will parse the To: address, and
use the email routing features on that particular email.

That way you can go into Administration -> General Setup, and use the
"Recipient Type Flag" to set your "(via ASI Support)" message, and it
will be appended automatically by Eventum.

--Joao

Thread
Names in the To: field of eventum emailsEliot Blennerhassett10 Oct
  • RE: Names in the To: field of eventum emailsJoao Prado Maia13 Oct
    • Re: Names in the To: field of eventum emailsEliot Blennerhassett14 Oct