List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:October 13 2005 2:30pm
Subject:RE: How to restrict status availability to users
View as plain text
Watson,

> I want the bug-assigned developer to use only statuses #2,
> #3, #5 and #8
> in the above list.  I would like somebody with a Reviewer
> Role to use #6
> and #7 and the Project Manager alone to use #9 i.e., close out a bug.
>
> I don't see any direct feature available.  But is it possible to
> customize Eventum or is there any similar up-coming feature in the
> future releases?

Like Craig explained, you can use the Workflow API to write some custom
PHP code to restrict the statuses exactly like you want. We do the same
thing internally, and it works perfectly.

For instance, for our internal installation, we only allow Customer
users to set the status to "Closed" and nothing else.

    function getAllowedStatuses($prj_id, $issue_id)
    {
        if (Auth::getCurrentRole() <= User::getRoleID('Customer')) {
            return array(
                Status::getStatusID("Closed")   =>  "Closed"
            );
        } else {
            return Status::getAssocList();
        }
    }

Hope that helps.

--Joao

Thread
How to restrict status availability to usersM  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan13 Oct
  • RE: How to restrict status availability to usersCraig Austin13 Oct
  • RE: How to restrict status availability to usersJoao Prado Maia13 Oct
RE: How to restrict status availability to usersM  IN BLR SISL Srivathsan14 Oct