List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 23 2005 1:31pm
Subject:RE: How to define a new status workflow for issues
View as plain text
Javier,

> I would like to know if it's possible to define a new
> set of status for a project, and the way of this
> status would evolve, for example if I have four status
> (new, accepted, solved and closed) and I want to
> define that an issue in a status of new only could go
> to the accepted status, how can I do this in eventum?

Of course it's possible. Just go to the Administration section and
change the available status for that particular project. Click
"Administration -> Manage Statuses".

> Also I would need that only manager and the user that
> receives the issue could modify the status, but I
> suppose that this is a feature of eventum.

To do that you will need to modify a few templates, to add some code to
hide those features from users. Look at templates/en/view_form.tpl.html:

                  {if $statuses != ''}
                  <input type="button" value="Change Status To &gt;"
class="button" onClick="javascript:changeIssueStatus(this.form,
'{$issue.iss_id}', '{$issue.iss_sta_id}');">
                  <select class="default" name="new_status">
                    {html_options options=$statuses
selected=$issue.iss_sta_id}
                  </select>
                  {/if}

Change that to this:

                  {if $statuses != '' and $current_role >
$roles.developer}
                  <input type="button" value="Change Status To &gt;"
class="button" onClick="javascript:changeIssueStatus(this.form,
'{$issue.iss_id}', '{$issue.iss_sta_id}');">
                  <select class="default" name="new_status">
                    {html_options options=$statuses
selected=$issue.iss_sta_id}
                  </select>
                  {/if}

Then you will need to do a similar change on
templates/en/update_form.tpl.html to hide the status field from "normal"
users.

--Joao

Thread
How to define a new status workflow for issuesJavier Arboleya22 Aug
  • RE: How to define a new status workflow for issuesJoao Prado Maia23 Aug