List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:August 12 2005 8:44pm
Subject:RE: Project Management
View as plain text
Joseph,

> What are the realistic chances for you guys (Joao, Bryan) to include
> such a feature right away?  I need it badly and believe it to be
> important from a project management standpoint, especially to those of
> us who either don't have the time or the background to do the
> programming ourselves.  Being that Eventum is project-oriented, I find
> it hard to believe that no management tools were included.  I've sent
> Joao modifications that we made in the past (v. 1.4) to include such
> "All Projects" box, but I haven't heard from him about porting them to
> 1.5.4 or 1.6.  We don't presently have the manpower to work in
> modifications to 1.5.4, which we are concurrently running to
> 1.4, and/or
> to upgrade the code to make it compatible to 1.4 or even 1.6,
> which has
> some better features from a project management viewpoint.
>
> I haven't seen products like Eventum, so the inclusion of project
> management tools would make it a plus for many other people
> as well.  I
> am very grateful for and truly appreciate the work that you do.

I'm sorry about that some features are not exactly perfect for what you
want, but we also don't have the needed manpower to work on these
features. We are currently working on internal-only projects related to
Eventum, so we are not going to have free time any time soon (i.e. next
month or so) to work on this.

And yes, I did receive your patch, but I just don't have the free time
right now to focus on it.

--Joao

Thread
Project ManagementJoseph Kraer10 Aug
  • RE: Project ManagementJoao Prado Maia12 Aug