List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:July 22 2005 5:45pm
Subject:RE: process_mail_queue questions
View as plain text
Georger,

> While I don't have an answer to your question, I'll
> tell you that it happened to me as well - on Windows.
> I solved it adding php -q process_mail_queue.php
> --fix-lock to the first and last lines of my script :)
> It's working fine for, hmm, 2 months now. It's the
> official, documented workaround; I just didn't bother
> hunting down what was going wrong. Regards,

Err, no no, this is _not_ an official workaround, and I actually don't
think it's a good idea to do this.

If the script is dying before removing the lock file, then something is
wrong and needs to be analyzed. If you implement this workaround, it's
possible that two copies of the script will be running at the same time,
resulting in all kinds of hell.

--Joao

Thread
process_mail_queue questionsAdam Kane22 Jul
  • Re: process_mail_queue questionsGeorger Araujo22 Jul
    • RE: process_mail_queue questionsJoao Prado Maia22 Jul
      • RE: process_mail_queue questionsGeorger Araujo22 Jul
        • RE: process_mail_queue questionsJoao Prado Maia22 Jul
  • RE: process_mail_queue questionsJoao Prado Maia22 Jul
    • Re: process_mail_queue questionsAdam Kane22 Jul