List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:July 21 2005 2:01pm
Subject:RE: eventum translation proposal
View as plain text
Stefano,

> as I said in my message I don't have much experience in
> PHP/Smarty/Gettext, I did some search and found out this to
> be the most
> "standard compliant" solution.
> The gettext extension could be optional, only for localization.
> Another option is to use a pure PHP solution like this:
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/php-gettext/
> that may raise some performance issues, but should work without the
> gettext extension.

Right, I'm not sure which option is the best right now though. As I
said, I had some horrible experiences with PHP and Gettext, so I'm not
too happy about adding this extra dependency to Eventum.

> This could be done quite simply using regular expressions. In the
> smarty-gettext package there's a PHP script [tsmarty2c.php]
> to create a
> C style file from a set of Smarty template files/dirs.
> So you could run:

</snip>

Yeah, I was just asking because I thought you were aware of some tool
that would do this already.

--Joao

Thread
eventum translation proposalStefano Rosanelli20 Jul
  • RE: eventum translation proposalJoao Prado Maia20 Jul
    • Re: eventum translation proposalStefano Rosanelli21 Jul
      • RE: eventum translation proposalJoao Prado Maia21 Jul