List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:July 20 2005 6:54pm
Subject:RE: Resolutions
View as plain text
Joseph,

> Now, for the other part of the issue, our people may reopen a
> ticket in
> any possible way.  Unfortunately, I can't tell you how they
> would do it.
> My guess is that the simplest way for them to reopen a ticket would be
> to assign it a new status.  How can we allow for a resolution
> change if
> it is done either way?  I am not sure how the Workflow API works; I
> haven't found any support documentation to aid in its use.

You will need to read up on how the Workflow API works, by looking at
this file:

  /path-to-eventum/docs/Workflow_API.html

Then you follow the instructions contained in there to create a new
Workflow backend, and you will need to extend the appropriate function
names, to implement your resolution clean-up. Usually you would only be
able to re-open a ticket by updating the status manually by clicking on
"Update Issue". On that case you would need to extend the
handleIssueUpdated() method, and add your code in there to reset the
value of "iss_res_id" to zero.

Makes sense?

--Joao

Thread