List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:July 11 2005 11:48pm
Subject:RE: email routing error
View as plain text
Sergio,

> I am getting this kind of errors:
>
> 'Error wihle connecting to the email server - Connection failed to
> web2.domain.com,110: Connection timed out'

So it's basically the same type of error, but with a POP3 server instead
of an IMAP one. Are you sure that you selected the right type of server
on the drop down list? Do you need to use SSL to connect to this POP3
server?

Could you perhaps run the following from the same box that Eventum runs
from and tell me if you get any output?

  $ telnet web2.domain.com 110

> Something I don't understand is why doesn't
> download_emails.php take a
> password parameter? How is it supposed to download emails
> from the account
> if it doesn't provide a password? (Unless is querying the
> database for it)

Well, that script requires those parameters because it will go back to
the database and find the actual email account details, such as
password, and use that to connect to the server. It's just a way to
avoid having you to provide the email account ID to the script.

--Joao

Thread
email routing errorSergio Bayona11 Jul
  • RE: email routing errorJoao Prado Maia12 Jul
    • RE: email routing errorSergio Bayona12 Jul
      • RE: email routing errorJoao Prado Maia12 Jul
RE: email routing errorSergio Bayona12 Jul
  • Re: email routing errorJames Gardiner12 Jul
    • Re: email routing errorSergio Bayona12 Jul
  • RE: email routing errorJoao Prado Maia12 Jul
    • email problemSergio Bayona19 Jul
      • Re: email problemBryan Alsdorf19 Jul
        • Re: email problemSergio Bayona20 Jul
          • RE: email problemJoao Prado Maia20 Jul