List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:June 6 2005 4:20pm
Subject:RE: Database Abstraction
View as plain text
Lorna,

> I have been looking at Eventum for a while and think it is
> very good.  I
> work on a helpdesk for a software house and have recommended
> to replace our
> existing system, however we don't use MySQL in-house so we
> will want to use
> it on another database backend (probably SQL Server).  I know
> I will have
> to work around the setup scripts in order to create the schema and
> appreciate that I will have problems with MySQL syntax against another
> database.
>
> Has anyone else tried this or something similar?  Really I'm
> looking for
> pointers on what I will need to cover and things I might
> miss.  Would it be
> useful to anyone if I post back my progress (or lack of)?

I don't think anyone tried this so far, and I have to say that it will
be a lot of work to tweak Eventum to use the appropriate syntax on SQL
queries.

I understand that you don't want to switch database servers, but you can
install a new copy of MySQL simply for Eventum in 15 minutes. I'm afraid
it will take far less time to do this than to change Eventum to work
with another database server.

--Joao

Thread
Database Abstractioneventum@lornajane.net6 Jun
  • RE: Database AbstractionJoao Prado Maia6 Jun