List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:May 31 2005 8:20pm
Subject:RE: Problems with sending emails
View as plain text
Ralf,

> I have some problems with sending out the emails from
> Eventum. The crone
> job is up and running. In the database table eventum_mail_queue_log I
> found a lot of entries with the server message "unable to authenticate
> to smtp server/".
>
> The authentication data for the SMTP server and email are
> 100% correctly.
>
> Can anybody help?

Yes, but this will require some debugging. Please open
/path-to-eventum/include/pear/Mail/smtp.php and find the following
lines:

            if (PEAR::isError($smtp->auth($this->username,
$this->password,
                              $method))) {
                return PEAR::raiseError('unable to authenticate to smtp
server');
            }

Change them to the following:

            $res = $smtp->auth($this->username, $this->password,
$method);
            if (PEAR::isError($res)) {
                var_dump($res);
                return PEAR::raiseError('unable to authenticate to smtp
server');
            }

Then manually run the mail queue process script again and send me any
output. It should output a nice object representation of that error,
which I will use to see what is going wrong here.

--Joao

Thread
Problems with sending emailsRalf Eggert27 May
  • RE: Problems with sending emailsJoao Prado Maia31 May
    • Re: Problems with sending emailsRalf Eggert1 Jun
      • RE: Problems with sending emailsJoao Prado Maia2 Jun
        • Re: Problems with sending emailsRalf Eggert11 Jul
          • RE: Problems with sending emailsJoao Prado Maia20 Jul
            • Re: Problems with sending emailsRalf Eggert21 Jul
              • RE: Problems with sending emailsJoao Prado Maia21 Jul