List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:March 7 2004 4:05am
Subject:RE: How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appear to be any UI controls to affect this change.
View as plain text
Todd,

> So my question becomes - how do I specify the resolution? I don't see
> anywhere within the issue page to actually "resolve" an issue. Ie
> specify/select any of the default values "duplicate, fixed, not a bug, not
> fixable, open, reopened" etc
>
> If i "update" or "reply" I don't find anywhere to specify the resolution
> type.
>
> As an example, my email correspondence regarding the status field could be
> logged within eventum as an issue. Then you would presumably want
> to change
> the resolution of the issue to "not a bug" as the issue was my
> misunderstanding of the product not anything wrong with the product. How
> would this be done using eventum?
>
> thanks again for your patience

Well, what you really want is to close the issue, and then set the
resolution to 'not-a-bug' or some such. So the status would be set to
'Closed' (or whatever you want, since the statuses are dynamic), and then
you would choose the appropriate resolution when closing the issue.

Which reminds me, a friend of mine sent a patch that makes the resolution
field show up in the 'Close Issue' screen (like it should be), and I still
need to apply that to the bitkeeper tree. That's why you don't see the
resolution field shown anywhere ;)

--Joao

Thread
How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appear to beany UI controls to affect this change.Todd.Morgan7 Mar
  • RE: How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appear to be any UI controls to affect this change.Joao Prado Maia7 Mar
Re: How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appearto be any UI controls to affect this change.Todd.Morgan7 Mar