List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:May 16 2005 4:33pm
Subject:RE: Reminders problems
View as plain text
Alex,

> You seems to be neglected groups.  The reason I am saying that in the
> small company like ours user wear multiple hats but Eventum
> only allows
> assignment of a user to one group only which is a strange
> assumption.  I
> also read on the least that you don't like assigning task to a group
> since it doesn't reflect personal responsibility.  I am wondering why
> you forget a group manager in this case.  It is convenient
> for member of
> one group to assign task to another group, making group manager
> responsible.  Group manager can assign the best qualified
> person in the
> group to a task later or reassign to a diff group if needed.
> I think it
> would add value to Eventum.

That's a good point. I don't have a problem with that, and the
implementation was originally done that way because internally in MySQL
AB we don't really have a need for multiple groups per user (although
this just came up last week).

> After saying all of this, I wonder why reminder has an option to alert
> group leader instead of project leader.  Or can it have alert project
> leader as an option.

Indeed, that should also be an option.

--Joao

Thread
Reminders problemsAlex Litvak25 Apr
  • Re: Reminders problemsAlex Litvak25 Apr
  • RE: Reminders problemsJoao Prado Maia16 May