List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 29 2005 2:37pm
Subject:RE: admin user no longer admin
View as plain text
Giancarlo,

> I don't know what I did, but I can no longer create custom
> columns or set
> permissions for users to be an administrator.  Can I fix this
> by editing the
> database itself?  I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Yes, sorry about that. I introduced a bug while trying to improve the
functionality of another feature, and this bug went unnoticed and it
shipped with Eventum 1.5.2. The fix for this is available on Eventum
1.5.3.

In order for you to fix your user's role, please go through the
following steps:

- Get the user's ID

  SELECT usr_id FROM eventum_user WHERE
usr_email='your_email_here@stripped';

- Update the role

  REPLACE project_user VALUES (USER_ID_HERE, PROJECT_ID_HERE, 7);

The PROJECT_ID_HERE is the ID of the project in which this user is
supposed to be an administrator under. Please let me know if that works.

Be aware that Eventum 1.5.2 has a bug that can potentially break your
administrator user privileges again. I recommend upgrading to 1.5.3.

--Joao

Thread
admin user no longer adminGiancarlo .26 Apr
  • RE: admin user no longer adminJoao Prado Maia29 Apr