List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Todd.Morgan Date:March 7 2004 2:03am
Subject:How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appear to be
any UI controls to affect this change.
View as plain text

Thanks for that Joao,

        I misunderstood how the system works. I mistook the "status" field
        with the "resolution" field.

I am not used to having the extra level of detail in the issue tracking
systems that i have used in the past. Normally it would be "RESOLVED" in
release "Release 01" or somesuch - without the extra information describing
at what point the status was up to (implementation, discovery etc).

So my question becomes - how do I specify the resolution? I don't see
anywhere within the issue page to actually "resolve" an issue. Ie
specify/select any of the default values "duplicate, fixed, not a bug, not
fixable, open, reopened" etc

If i "update" or "reply" I don't find anywhere to specify the resolution
type.

As an example, my email correspondence regarding the status field could be
logged within eventum as an issue. Then you would presumably want to change
the resolution of the issue to "not a bug" as the issue was my
misunderstanding of the product not anything wrong with the product. How
would this be done using eventum?

thanks again for your patience

          Todd

To:<eventum-users@stripped>

Subject:RE: unable to select any status for "change status to" on an issue
page

Todd,> I looked into this a little further (created another eventum
instance with> this release eventum-nightly-20040305.tar.gz) on another
machine.>> The same problem showed up - no entries listed within the
"Change status> to" field on the view issue page.>> As before all the
standard statuses were listed within the database.> I created a custom
issue (local to the specific project) and then> looked at> the issue again.
This time my custom status was the only one listed and I> was able to
change it to the given status.>> Does this mean that there is currently
nothing to include the global> statuses to the project specific ones (as in
they are not meant to inherit> the default ones?) or there is perhaps
something wrong with my> installation? or this isn't fully implemented
yet?>Sorry, I was going to reply to your original message on thursday
butcompletely forgot about it.If the status list doesn't show up in that
drop down list, then you probablydidn't associate the existing statuses to
the project that you are using.That is, statuses in Eventum are completely
dynamic - you can create as manyas you want, and then associate any of
those statuses to projects. When youare using a project that doesn't have
any status associations, then none areshown.So to fix this, click
'Administration' -> 'Manage Projects' -> edit theproject you want -> select
all of the appropriate statuses and click'update'. That should fix
this.Cheers,Joao Prado MaiaMySQL AB

Thread
How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appear to beany UI controls to affect this change.Todd.Morgan7 Mar
  • RE: How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appear to be any UI controls to affect this change.Joao Prado Maia7 Mar
Re: How do you resolve (resolution) an issue - there doesn't appearto be any UI controls to affect this change.Todd.Morgan7 Mar