List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 17 2005 5:19am
Subject:RE: Help with IMAP Mail Support
View as plain text
Brian,

> I believe this OS comes packaged with support for IMAP over SSL. When
> reviewing phpinfo this appears:
>  '--with-imap-ssl' (many other config additions as well but
> this is what we
> are concerned with)
>  and also this:
>  IMAP
>  IMAP c-Client Version 2001
> SSL Support enabled
> Kerberos Support enabled
>  Am I correct to assume IMAP over SSL is enabled? If I am,
> any other ideas
> as to why I cannot connect to the IMAP server with eventum?
> Do I have to run
> the imap daemon or is that just for the server?

Yeah, if phpinfo() is reporting that SSL support is enabled, then it
should just work. You don't have to run the IMAP daemon, only the server
needs that.

Try the following script, and let me know if you see any error messages:

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);

$server = 'example.com';
$port = '993';
$username = 'hello';
$password = 'hello';

$mbox = imap_open("{" . $server . ":" . $port . "/imap/ssl}INBOX",
$username, $password);
var_dump($mbox);
?>

Replace $server, $port, $username and $password for the appropriate
values.

--Joao

Thread
Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian15 Apr
  • RE: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJoao Prado Maia15 Apr
  • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian16 Apr
    • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian16 Apr
      • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian17 Apr
        • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJustin Clift17 Apr
          • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian17 Apr
      • RE: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJoao Prado Maia17 Apr
        • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian17 Apr
          • RE: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJoao Prado Maia18 Apr
            • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian18 Apr
              • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian19 Apr
        • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian18 Apr