List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 15 2005 2:00pm
Subject:RE: Help with IMAP Mail Support
View as plain text
Brian,

> They are on an IMAP server over
> SSL (port
> 993). When I add them to eventum and test the connection, it
> always says it
> cannot connect.

</snip>

>  For testing, I have tried all of the available IMAP
> settings, some hung the
> program, others could not connect as well. Am I doing something wrong?

In order to connect to an IMAP server over SSL, you need to build your
c-client library and link it to OpenSSL.

  http://us3.php.net/imap

Especially section called 'Requirements' in which it describes the SSL
stuff. Depending on which operating system that you are using, it might
be as simple as installing a new RPM package, or even enabling a .DLL on
Windows.

>  My other issue is I used an exchange e-mail account in general setup
> (outgoing e-mail) when I initially set up eventum, now I have
> one dedicated
> to eventum, but when I change setup to it, it still uses my
> old exchange
> account/email in the from line. Does anyone know why this does this?

Go to 'Administration -> General Setup' and check the "Sender" text
field in there to see if the old exchange email account is listed in
there.

If not, go to 'Administration -> Manage Projects', click on the project
that you are referring to, and see if the "Outgoing Email Sender Name"
or "Outgoing Email Sender Address" are using the old exchange email
account.

>  Also, I posted on this list before and was answered, but I
> could not figure
> out how to reply to the list (on the same initial post)
> letting everyone
> know how I resolved my issue, could someone help me with that also?

You should click on "Reply to All" ? I don't think I'm understanding
your question...

--Joao

Thread
Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian15 Apr
  • RE: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJoao Prado Maia15 Apr
  • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian16 Apr
    • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian16 Apr
      • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian17 Apr
        • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJustin Clift17 Apr
          • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian17 Apr
      • RE: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJoao Prado Maia17 Apr
        • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian17 Apr
          • RE: Help with IMAP Mail SupportJoao Prado Maia18 Apr
            • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian18 Apr
              • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian19 Apr
        • Re: Help with IMAP Mail SupportBrian18 Apr