List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 14 2005 2:32pm
Subject:RE: RFE 'history of changes' is incomplete
View as plain text
Russ,

> I made a modification within the description of a ticket, and
> then viewed the 'history of changes'.
>
> No 'diff' or changelog showing the prior state was
> accessible.
>
> Having used a system in an environment where end call center
> representatives 'sanitized' adverse reports, I need to have an
> ability to either emit a change record into the history, or
> 'revert' to intermediate states.

No question about it. However, I remember that a few fields used to show
the prior value on the history of changes, like "Priority: Low ->
Critical" or something like that.

What would really be nice here is changing the history of changes to do
the following:

- A shorter message describing what was changed (i.e. "Issue #1234
Updated (Fields: Priority, Category, Release)")
- A new link that would open a popup with the full details of what
changed (so you would need a new field on eventum_issue_history to hold
that)

I'll add this to our TODO list. Patches welcome on this.

> Also, adding a javascript [ print ] button in the 'history of
> changes' popup would be useful.

I'll add that.

--Joao

Thread
RFE 'history of changes' is incompleteR P Herrold13 Apr
  • RE: RFE 'history of changes' is incompleteJoao Prado Maia14 Apr