List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:April 7 2005 1:26pm
Subject:RE: LDAP authentication
View as plain text
Miquel,

> What it lacks for the "Excellence" is LDAP authentication. In a post
> from july 26 2004 (http://lists.mysql.com/eventum-devel/17), Joao said
> it was in Eventum's TODO list. Can anyone tell me if it is being
> developed? Does anyone knows how to do it with additional open source
> products?

No, it is not being developed right now, but if someone is willing to
contribute that as a patch, we will glady accept that. Here's the
recipe:

- Create a infrastructure for authentication backends similar to what we
already do for workflow or customer backends
- Move the "isValidPassword" function to this backend class
- On the backend class, use the standard LDAP functions to connect to a
server and check if the password is correct

Again, if you look at how our workflow API is structured, this shouldn't
be very hard. In any case, I'll try to bump up this TODO entry in
priority a little bit.

--Joao

Thread
LDAP authenticationMiquel Nieto7 Apr
  • RE: LDAP authenticationJoao Prado Maia7 Apr