List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:June 29 2004 10:16pm
Subject:RE: Cookies Error
View as plain text
Siegwart,

> So, just to recap, the installation works only if running off a Linux
> server. That is, the IIS installation seems to run, but it gives the
> "cookies not enabled" error, which virtually leaves everyone
> locked out of
> the site.

Right, and I think we found out the problem with IIS. Apparently IIS will
not create a cookie in the user's browser if there is no content being
streamed back. This seemed to work though:

- Change line 274 of class.auth.php

    header("Location: $new_url");

to this:

    header("Refresh: 0; URL=$new_url");

I tested it myself with Apache and the login still works. According to the
notes available on http://us3.php.net/setcookie, this should fix the problem
under IIS.

Please let me know if that works, and if it does, we will include this fix
in the next release of Eventum.

--Joao

Thread
Cookies ErrorNeil Maitland20 Jun
  • RE: Cookies ErrorBryan Alsdorf21 Jun
RE: Cookies ErrorNeil Maitland21 Jun
  • RE: Cookies ErrorJoao Prado Maia21 Jun
RE: Cookies ErrorNeil Maitland22 Jun
  • RE: Cookies ErrorJoao Prado Maia26 Jun
Re: Cookies ErrorSiegwart Mayr28 Jun
  • RE: Cookies ErrorJoao Prado Maia29 Jun
RE: Cookies ErrorSiegwart Mayr29 Jun
  • RE: Cookies ErrorJoao Prado Maia30 Jun
RE: Cookies ErrorSiegwart Mayr30 Jun