List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse Date:March 14 2005 4:36pm
Subject:Re: email replies?
View as plain text
Joao Prado Maia wrote:
>>but you could probably (in case of IMAP) use different mail
>>folders on IMAP
>>server?
>
> Of course, but the problem here is that you will have emails coming from
> different Eventum email accounts that will have the same message-id.
> Since the message-id is what differentiates between emails, I'm not
> confident that Eventum will handle that situation properly.

In order to do this, one would need some sort of logic (i.e. procmail)
to fan the messages out into the multiple IMAP folders.  In most cases,
that's probably just as much work as setting up extra mailboxes.
Eventum seems to like to want to fan things out rather than concentrate
them, so if you try to go the opposite way, you may be going uphill
unnecessarily.

Does this message-id you've referring to (which I'm assuming is not the
actual Message-ID: header) have something to do with my email
association issue?  From what I've read here, it's sounding that way,
but I don't quite understand what it is or how it's used to identify
secrets to such a cursory examination.

Thanks,
Jeff
Thread
email replies?Mark Sams14 Mar
  • RE: email replies?Joao Prado Maia14 Mar
    • Re: email replies?Elan Ruusam√§e14 Mar
      • RE: email replies?Joao Prado Maia14 Mar
        • Re: email replies?Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse14 Mar
          • Re: email replies?Phillip Steinbachs14 Mar
            • Re: email replies?Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse14 Mar
              • Re: email replies?Phillip Steinbachs14 Mar
                • Re: email replies?Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse14 Mar
RE: email replies?Mark Sams15 Mar
  • RE: email replies?Joao Prado Maia21 Mar