List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:March 10 2005 7:28pm
Subject:RE: Migration question
View as plain text
Todd,

> First, I will be migrating from 1.4 to 1.5 this evening.  Is
> it possible to
> migrate (easily), without doing the following.
>
> 1. Backup 1.4 with a fill backup just in case....
> 2. Backup 1.4 in a temporary backup without create
> statements, just inserts
> 3. Drop the tables in the eventum schema
> 4. Run setup of 1.5
> 5. Run the restore from the 1.4 backup in step 2.

These steps are not going to work. If you want to move from 1.4 to 1.5,
you will need to follow the procedure explained on the UPGRADE file:

========
1) Make a copy of the following files: config.inc.php and setup.conf.php
2) Extract your new Eventum copy over your existing folder structure
3) Copy over your backed up copies of config.inc.php and setup.conf.php
   back in place
4) Run the upgrade scripts described in each section below by opening
   these scripts in your web browser
========

See the UPGRADE file for more details. Let me know if you have any
questions.

> Second, I was waiting for server space, so I was running
> eventum locally on my
> desktop.  I have now migrated eventum to a server, and I have
> set up the batch
> email processing.
> The emails from the issues created when it was running
> locally still contain my
> PC's host name, not the new server name "eventum".  What
> table and column do I
> need to update in the database in order to update the host
> URL to the new
> machine on old issues?

I'm not sure what URL you are referring to. If you want to change the
URL that gets sent on outgoing emails, then open
/path-to-eventum/config.inc.php and change the APP_HOSTNAME constant to
whatever new domain you are using now.

As far as changing the URL on the existing emails that were already
sent, you would need to change a bunch of places, but I don't really
think you need to worry about it.

> BTW, Eventum is a great tool!  It
> took me 10 minutes to
> install it, and it has been well received by the development
> team here.  Thanks
> MYSQL!

I'm glad Eventum has been useful to your organization. Tell your
friends!

--Joao

Thread
Migration questionTodd_Nine10 Mar
  • RE: Migration questionJoao Prado Maia10 Mar