List:Eventum General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joao Prado Maia Date:March 3 2004 3:19pm
Subject:RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gz
View as plain text
Todd,

> Thanks for that Joao,
> I played around with the priviledges and I got the system to work properly
> now. I originally had the dbuser assigned to "all priviledges" "with grant
> option" on the "global priviledges" as well as the specific DB ... but i
> turned it down to the specific DB only with lesser priviledges
> and it works
> now. I don't understand why this would be the case (as I'm not a MySQL
> expert).

Very strange. I will try to remember to test for something like this later
on.

> As an aside, I need to be able to rebuild this system (in the event of
> failure) so i am going to build it on another machine. Could you please
> tell me the proper proceedure for creating a mysql user with the
> appropriate access levels (priviledges)for eventum so that I don't have a
> repeat of this problem.

All you gotta do is create the user like so:

  GRANT SELECT, UPDATE, DELETE, INSERT ON eventumDB.* TO
'eventum_username'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'eventum_password';

Change 'eventumDB' to your actual database name, and remember to also change
the username and password in there. That should do it.

Regards,
Joao Prado Maia
MySQL AB

Thread
Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzTodd.Morgan29 Feb
  • RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzJoao Prado Maia1 Mar
    • RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzJoao Prado Maia1 Mar
RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system fromeventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzTodd.Morgan3 Mar
  • RE: Unable to create an issue on a fresh system from eventum-nightly-20040213.tar.gzJoao Prado Maia3 Mar