List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:marcin.slusarczyk Date:March 3 2004 4:21pm
Subject:Re: FW: eventum - permissions & roles
View as plain text
What about attachments? Where can I store them? Did you get them Joao?
I will put them inline:

Eventum specification

Table of Contents

Overview
Permissions and roles
Glossary

Abstract

This document tries to specify Eventum bug-tracking system.

Overview

Aplication can be used to get feedback from clients and to manage internal
process of developing team. In such case system can be used by "very open"
products, that are revealing everything that concerns product and by close
teams, that want to reveal only part of information about project and
project status. Eventum should handle many scenarios. The purpose is to
have one application to manage customer support, bug tracking, feedback,
and change request process.

Permissions and roles

In this section is presented Eventum permission schema.

All users in the system can be divided in two main groups. Internal users
and External users. Internal Users are members of the team. They can see
all internal materials. External users are not permitted to see internal
materials. They can see only materials that were decided to be public. By
default all materials produced by external users are public. As summarize
we can say that there are two areas public and internal. External users
can access only public area . Internal users have access to both -
internal and public.

There are two types of access: read, write, delete. "write access" means
editing materials and adding new materials.

Internal users can have following roles:

    *      Administrator
    *      Manager
    *      Standard user

Glossary

internal user
    user that is a member of project team. Has access for project internal
information.

external user
    user that is not a member of project team. It can be customer, user of
the product. He cannot see internal project data.

material
    It is any element that contains some information. It can be issue,
issues list, issue field, user properties. Whole issue with all its
associated data is called material. Each issue property is called
material. It is general term for element that contain any data.

Marcin Slusarczyk

Message from "Joao Prado Maia" <jpm@stripped> received on 2004-03-03
17:12

2004-03-03 17:12