List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harri Porten Date:May 18 2012 1:51pm
Subject:Single mail to Notification List
View as plain text
Hi,

I might have brought this up before but would like to mention it again
since we are about to prepare a patch for Eventum:

Currently, when replying to a customer a separate mail is created for each
member of the Notification List. Each added to eventum_mail_queue. We've
received several complaints about this from customers as they are not able
to tell who else received the mail. That's why we are going to change our
local installation now to send a single mail to the whole list via To: and
Cc: fields. We'll be happy to contribute this patch once we are happy with
it.

I recall some concern: such a behavior does not allow for silent listeners
to a ticket. The list will be visible to all meaning that a mix of e.g.
unrelated clients would not be suitable. If this concern is shared by
others we could make the different behavior optional.

Harri.

Thread
Single mail to Notification ListHarri Porten18 May