List:Eventum Development« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Alsdorf Date:July 14 2009 5:41am
Subject:Re: New Localization: class.language.php: Preferences Page: Available
Languages:
View as plain text
Hi Brian,

Brian LaVallee wrote:
> Hi Bryan,
>
> I have been having issues getting a new locale to show up in the user
> preferences.  The new language is not ALWAYS available.
>
> It did take a while to get the naming and permissions right, but I found
> that the following will work.
>
> path_to_eventum/misc/localization/ja_JP.po
> path_to_eventum/misc/localization/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/eventum.mo
>
> In path_to_eventum/include/class.language.php there is a comment that says,
> "Note that the locales are first tested before they are listed as choices in
> Preferences page."
>
> Can you provide me with a little information about what is tested?  I
> suspect that the locale test is not always succeeding.
>
> While I only have about 25% translated, it is useful to see what has been
> completed so far to make corrections.  Is that part of my problem?

Yeah sorry we don't have more documentation on this, localization is a major pain.

Have you tried adding debugging to Language::set()? On the preferences page we run through

  all the languages set in $avail_languages and test if they are valid. I assume you have
the locale installed on your computer? What OS is it?

Best Regards,
--
Bryan Alsdorf, Lead Web Developer
Monty Program, AB. http://askmonty.org